Effective Date: March 3, 2017
By visiting the Site or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, available below, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Vutility Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You
Certain areas and features of our Site and Services may require registration. To register, you must provide your email address and a password. We also may collect additional optional information from you, including your name, location, and phone number; however, you are not required to provide us with this information. In addition, if you make a purchase, we will also request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing address.
We may use this information in aggregated form or we may associate it with your username and other personal information that we collect about you.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites
You also may log into our Site and Application through Google, Facebook, and Twitter. By logging in through these systems you are granting us access to your email address. We store the information that we receive from these systems with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Information We Collect Automatically
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services. For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites. To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Affiliates We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy. Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Session Cookies Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent cookies Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Third Party Cookies
We may also engage third parties to track and analyze Site data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze Site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO DISPLAY PUBLICLY ON OUR SERVICES
Some users may elect to publicly post personally identifying or sensitive information about themselves in their normal use of our Services. This could occur through use of optional profile fields, in interactions on public boards, wikis, cases and forums, or if a previously private interaction is made public. Information like that, which is voluntarily posted in publicly visible parts of our Services, is considered to be public, even if it would otherwise be considered to be personally identifying or sensitive. As such, it is not subject to the protocols listed below, because we don’t control it; you do. Additionally, voluntarily publicizing such information means that you lose any privacy rights you might normally have with regards to that information. It may also increase your chances of receiving unwanted communications, like spam.
Please also remember that if you choose to provide personally identifiable information using certain public features of the Services, individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through our Services.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO OTHER PEOPLE
This Policy only applies to information collected by Vutility. It does not apply to the practices of companies that we don’t own or control, or employees that we don’t manage. Information on our Services’ boards, wikis, cases and forums may contain links to third party websites, and any information you provide to those sites will be covered by any privacy policies they may have. Please be sure to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit. It is those sites’ responsibility to protect any information you give them, so we can’t be held liable for their wrongful use of your personally identifying information.
We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. We do not share your personal information with these third parties.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
EMPLOYEES’ & PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES’ INFORMATION
This section covers any ways in which personal information we collect from employees or applicants might be treated differently than user information. You can probably stop here if you are not an employee or interested in applying for a job with Vutility. The following is a non-comprehensive list of ways that we may use the information provided to us by employees or applicants:
- Responding to inquiries in connection with prospective employment at Vutility, and processing employment applications
- Carrying out human resources functions like training, career/succession planning, administering contracts, evaluating employees, and providing benefits
- Enabling Vutility and its employees to contact each other by telephone, fax, e-mail, or “snail mail”
- Administering compensation, bonus and other employment needs
- Arranging employees’ travel plans
- Maintaining building security and employee health and safety
- Running internal administrative analytics, such as staffing, headcount and statistics initiatives
- Complying with our legal obligations, policies and procedures
- Transferring personal information to others as required by our legal, regulatory, compliance and auditing needs
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site at https://www.vutility.com. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.
• 2/1/2021: Updated to Vutility